Everyone might as well resign themselves to the fact that the SMT will be posted only to the website from now on. Every newsletter I’ve ever subscribed to is done this way and now I see why. There comes a point when it just gets too big to be sent as an email. The SMT has reached that point.
When I started this I had no intention of spending anywhere near as much time at this thing as I am. I’m retired and I fully intended to enjoy my retirement. I realize I’ve made my bed and now I have to lie in it, but I can tell you I’m going to do everything I can to make this easy on me. And right now that means the nightly emails are done. I’m going to write the nightly report once and post it on the website.
I will tweet when it is posted so everyone doesn’t have to constantly check the site. However 90% of the time the report will be up by 6pm PST. Subscribers can just go to the site at 6 and usually find the report ready to go.
Intraday posts are pretty rare and even if you don’t get the post till the evening it usually isn’t going to make much of a difference whether you acted immediately or the next morning. But for those of you who think you have to react instantly I will tweet when I post an intraday alert. Most of the time they come premarket, so you could always just check the website before the market opens.
Now for anyone who is having trouble logging in. 90% of the time you have caps lock on. The other 10% you put the username in the password prompt and vice versa.
To make it easier the username will never change and it is very easy to remember. All you have to do is save the password on Sunday night when I send it out (perhaps on a sticky note on your computer) . If you loose the password email me and I will get back to you as soon as I can with the password for the week.
That’s it. Now let’s turn off the grumbling and get back to investing.